This is why I love Birchbox. $100 worth of stuff, for $0.
November empties! Not pictured is a tub of Lush’s Mask of Magnaminty.
Sorry for the poor picture quality on this one, I didn’t realize it was so bad until it was too late to retake it.
There’s not a lot here to note anyway. I repurchased both the Tresemme hairspray and Not Your Mother’s dry shampoo.
The sample bath bomb from Fortune Cookie Soap smelled amazing (Trendsetter was the fragrance) and fruity, but, like all of their bombs I’ve used, stained the tub.
Hey guys. Here’s my Holiday giveaway for 2013. My blog has grown leaps and bounds this year, so I’m happy to bring you what I think is a pretty good prize! This giveaway is open to US residents only (sorry), and is open until December 14th. Reblogging this post once a day will give you 3 entries. Likes are welcome, but do not count. All entries must be submitted in the Rafflecopter widget here, otherwise they will not be counted. You can also click the photo to be taken to the Rafflecopter widget.
i’m not real big on the holidays, but I do have some serious love for LUSH’s Christmas collection! I finally ran out of Herbalism and Mask of Magnaminty, so I went in to check out the new stuff. Here’s what I got!:
- Herbalism cleanser - $19.22/~4 oz.
- Mask of Magnaminty - $12.95
- It’s Christmas Deer knot wrap - $6.95 - so cute!
- Sandy Santa Body Butter - $9.95 - smells awesome and citrusy
- Star Light, Star Bright Luxury Bath Melt - $6.95 - LIMES
- Celebrate body lotion sample - citrusy
- Gold FUN - $6.95 - smells like toffee/butter
- Santa’s Lip Scrub - $8.95 - tastes like cherry cola, SO GOOD
- Shoot for the Stars Bath Bomb - $6.95 - more toffee
- Christmas Eve Bubble Bar - $7.45 - lavender
- Cinders Bath Bomb - $4.95 - spicy and warm and my favorite
- Luxury Lush Pud - $6.95 - smells like Twilight (lavender)
- Melting Snowman Luxury Bath Melt - $5.95 - spicy and warm and perfect with Cinders
Got my winter Fortune Cookie Soap box! This season’s theme is The Nightmare Before Christmas, which just so happens to be one of my favorite movies!
Starting from the top left:
- "Jack" Bath Fizzy - minty/wintery smelling
- "Zero" Dry Shampoo - sweet and minty
- "Sally" Fortune Cookie Soap - supposed to smell like cotton, but kind of reminds me of laundry detergent
- "Sandy Claws" Exfoliating Body Butter - I’m super excited about this, it seems to be an exact dupe for LUSH’s Buffy Bar, only better smelling!
- Smushed “Lock, Shock, and Barrel” Bath Melt - pine/wintery smelling, I suspect will work really well with the Jack fizzy
- "Holiday Worlds" Whipped Cream Body Butter - so many notes it’s hard to describe, but it’s good.
- "What’s This?" Roll on Perfume - also too many notes to describe, but it smells amazing…pumpkin spice maybe?
- "Oogie Boogie" OCD Hand Sanitizer - winter? I don’t know
I’m happy to report that everything in this box will be used. Usually there are one or two things (like the wax melt from the box or the sunscreen stick from the summer box) that I don’t have a use for.
So far I’m most excited about the solid body butter, the perfume, and the dry shampoo. I don’t go for wintery smells as much, and I think Oogie Boogie is my least favorite.
It’s three photos in one! It’s officially been (just over) 2 years since I got my pixie cut. My hair is getting ridiculously long! I think it would officially be considered medium length at this point. I’m also starting the difficult bang-growing-out process, and I’m growing out my undercut. It looks pretty ghastly when my hair is up right now, but in another month or two I should be able to tuck it up into my pony tail.
I also got a present from Amazon in the mail today, a cute little bunny bar lip gloss from Tony Moly. I was hoping these would be flavored (with a name like Juicy Peach…) but alas, no such luck. It is still super cute and a nice tinted balm.
Lastly, on my nails is the polish I got in my Birchbox this month. It’s Color Club Baldwin Blues, and it’s a perfect mix between teal and navy blue. I LOVE IT SO MUCH!
Birchboxxxx! This is a pretty amazing box, as I will definitely use everything in it. I’m pretty meh about the lipgloss (me + nudes = ew), but I’m in love with the nail polish. The pretzel was tasty (I ate it immediately), but I was bummed there was just one singular pretzel. I’m also looking forward to trying out the hairspray and body butter! I always love lotions, and I always need hairspray.